Schubert Symphony no 5 in Bb major
- Relationship to music which came before and after
- Treatment of sonata form
- Chamber-like nature
- Hallmarks of the classical symphony
- Markers of later symphonic form
Stravinsky Symphony of Psalms
- Novelty of orchestral features
- Use of orchestration to provide colour
- The setting of the text
- Innovation in the music
- Latin as a language choice
For details of the full questions, the past papers can be purchased from Trinity. I have no insider knowledge, so this is by no means a guarantee that these topics will come up again. However, it should give an idea of what kind of areas to focus on in preparing.
I hope this is helpful if you are preparing for this exam. I’m hoping to get a resources post up soon with links to websites I’ve found useful.