Is your son or daughter interested in music? Are they a keen singer? Then singing lessons can be a great way to develop musical ability, musicianship and core life skills.
Discover Singing offers lessons which are specially tailored to the age of the singer. Lessons for children are focussed on exploratory musical play, using Kodaly principles. Children are also given the opportunity to explore a wide range of age-appropriate repertoire from a wide range of styles and origins. As your child progresses in their lessons, the option is open for them to take examinations in their preferred style.
There is no strict minimum age for singing lessons as it depends on the ability of your child to focus and engage with the activities. Children who are happily settled into school will be more likely to enjoy singing lessons.
- Teaching takes place in the Little France area of Edinburgh, or online via Zoom*
- Lessons are offered for 30 minutes
- Qualified teacher, with training in Kodaly methodology
- Lessons tailored to the age, ability and personality of the child.
- Option to recognise progress through exams gradually through prep test, initial and step exams
- All lessons build transferrable musicianship skills alongside vocal technique
- Free consultation lesson to make sure I am the right teacher for your child, and they are ready to learn.
- One simple monthly payment of as little as £62
Once you have signed up, I will either be in touch to offer you a consultation lesson at a time suitable for you or I will confirm you have a space on my waiting list.
At the consultation lesson, I will meet with you and your child. We’ll play some musical games so I can assess where to begin with your child, and I’ll take you through my terms and conditions of lessons and student information questionnaire.
If both you and I are happy your child is ready for one-to-one musical tuition, we will arrange a regular day and time for lessons. All primary aged children’s lessons are on a probationary basis for the first three months. Should your child not quite be ready for one-to-one lessons, we can agree to reassess after a fixed period of time, and in the meantime, your child will be held on my waiting list.
*Please not that for online lessons, a parent will need to be able to help the child with the techinical aspects of the lesson and remain available during the lesson to help with any issues.